|Innovating The Next Big Thing||July 24, 2014|
• Analyst Insights
• Enterprise Insights
• Network & Information Security
• Enterprise Mobility
• Remembering 9/11
Next Innovator Group
Feedjit Live Web Stats
• Ghost City
HP and Staples Make It Easy, Free to Recycle Electronics Nationwide:Consumers can recycle electronics every day at Staples Stores throughout the United States
Apr 12, 2012 – Elisa Greene
HP (NYSE: HPQ), the world’s largest technology company, together with Staples, Inc. (Nasdaq: SPLS), the world’s largest office products company and second largest e-commerce company, today announced free electronics recycling for all brands of office electronics at Staples stores nationwide. Consumers and small businesses can responsibly recycle their electronics every day at Staples locations nationwide,(1) regardless of where the devices were purchased.
“HP is a leader in the technology industry in product reuse and recycling,” said Gabi Zedlmayer, vice president of sustainability and social innovation, HP. “We recently celebrated reaching our goal of recycling 2 billion pounds of electronic products and supplies since 1987 and our collaboration with Staples will build upon this achievement and focus on increasing electronics recycling in all states.”
The Staples technology recycling program, powered by HP, accepts all brands of the following electronics for free(2):
“Staples free tech recycling program will help increase the number of electronic products that are safely recycled,” said Mark Buckley, vice president of environmental affairs, Staples. “As a trusted source for office solutions, Staples is making it easy for consumers to responsibly recycle electronics for free every day at our stores. We are excited to work with HP on this initiative as part of our ongoing commitment to environmental sustainability.”
Customers can drop off their technology for recycling at the service desk of their local Staples store. Staples will take advantage of its world-class logistics networks to collect the devices and consolidate them at its distribution centers. A certified e-Stewards® and R2 recycler will then arrange to have the materials transported to one of its processing centers.
(1) All Staples locations in the continental U.S., except for Staples Copy and Print Shops, participate in this program.
» Send this article to a friend...
» Comments? Tell us what you think...
» More Enterprise Insights articles...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Support This Site
• 6/23 HP Security Products Blog: Disrupting the innovator’s dilemma
• 6/23 McAfee Blogs: Multiparty authentication and cryptosystems in the IoT – part 3
• 6/19 HP Security Products Blog: Can the law keep up with technology advances?
• 6/19 McAfee Blogs: Buyer Beware: This Smartphone Comes with Malware Pre-Loaded
• 6/19 McAfee Blogs: Multiparty authentication and cryptosystems in the IoT – part 2
• 6/18 McAfee Blogs: Hackers Score a Goal with World Cup Scams
• 6/18 McAfee Blogs: How The State of Colorado Secured its Infrastructure with McAfee SIEM
• 6/18 iSuppli: In Complex Supply Chain, Knowles and Infineon are Top Suppliers of Packaged MEMS Microphones and Bare Microphone Dies
• 6/17 McAfee Blogs: Bridging the Tech Gap: A Snapchat Primer for Parents
• 6/17 McAfee Blogs: Workplace Wearables and the Loss of Privacy
• 6/17 McAfee Blogs: Thinking About Next-Generation Security and Cyberwarfare
• 6/17 Gartner Says Asia Pacific Enterprise Application Software Market Grew 6.5 Percent in 2013
• 6/17 Gartner Says Middle East and Africa Business Intelligence and Analytics Software Market Grew 11 Percent in 2013
• 6/16 HP Security Products Blog: Does personal accountability need to shift in business?
• 6/16 McAfee Blogs: What is Fake Antivirus Software?
• 6/16 Service Providers Need to Develop Different Core Competencies to Succeed in a Digital World
• 6/16 Gartner Announces Keynote Lineup for 2014 Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit
• 6/16 iSuppli: Amazon adds music to Prime Subscriptions
• 6/12 iSuppli: Wireless charging coming to all US Starbucks - but incompatible with most enabled devices
• 6/12 eMarketer: US TV Ad Market Still Growing More Than Digital Video
• 6/12 Faultline: US cable operators more unpopular than ever
• 6/12 Faultline: Cisco VNI pushes on, video to be 79% of all traffic
• 6/11 McAfee Blogs: Celebrating our partners’ success
• 6/11 McAfee Blogs: Celebrating our partners’ success
• 6/11 McAfee Blogs: Microsoft Patch Tuesday: June 2014
• 6/11 Gartner Identifies China's Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends in 2014
• 6/11 Gartner Says Mobile Apps Will Have a Significant Impact on Information Infrastructure
• 6/11 eMarketer: Worldwide Smartphone Usage to Grow 25% in 2014
• 6/10 Gartner Forecasts Indian Business Intelligence and Analytics Software Revenue to Reach $139.5 Million In 2014
• 6/10 Gartner Says Worldwide Security Software Market Grew 4.9 Percent in 2013
• 6/10 Gartner Announces Catalyst Conference 2014
• 6/9 HP Security Products Blog: What about 'the machine'?
• 6/9 HP Security Products Blog: Day 2 at Discover
• 6/9 McAfee Blogs: CISOs: What the New CSIS and McAfee Global Cost of Cybercrime Study Means for Your Business
• 6/9 Gartner Says Organizations Must Prepare for the Security Implications of the Digital Workplace
• 6/6 Gartner Says India PC Market Declined 20.6 Percent In The First Quarter Of 2014
• 6/5 McAfee Blogs: Teen Cyberbullying Triples, Emotional Impact Grows
• 6/5 McAfee Blogs: Apple Makes a Strong Push for the Internet of Things, But Will It be Secure?
• 6/4 HP Security Products Blog: Advanced analytics made easy with HAVEn
• 6/4 HP Security Products Blog: Viva Las Vegas! HP Enterprise Security Products represent at HP Discover 2014
• 6/4 McAfee Blogs: Massive Law Enforcement Operation Tells two Malware Variants it’s ‘Game Over’
• 6/4 McAfee Blogs: Backing Up the Claims: ESG Validates McAfee NGFW Strengths
• 6/4 Gartner Says Big Data Needs a Data-Centric Security Focus
• 6/4 Gartner Says by 2016, 25 Percent of the Top 50 Global Banks Will have Launched a Banking App Store for Customers
• 6/3 McAfee Blogs: The Privacy Problems with Mobile Messaging Apps
• 6/3 McAfee Blogs: Teens’ Online Behavior Can Get Them in Trouble
• 6/3 McAfee Blogs: Deterrence in Cyberspace Helps Prevent Cyberwar
• 6/3 Gartner Executive Programs Survey Identifies Regional Differences Between CIOs
• 6/2 HP Security Products Blog: Do data breaches influence investors?
• 6/2 McAfee Blogs: It’s ‘Game Over’ for Zeus and CryptoLocker